An important note on holiday shipping this year to ensure your gifts arrive on time.
This year, much of what we wrote last year about holiday shipping is still true: November and December will likely see significant delays in shipping.
Between delays in receiving raw materials due to ongoing global supply chain delays and severely backed-up mail carriers, 2021 looks to follow in the footsteps of 2020. Particularly challenging and unanticipated delays are likely. Coupled with time-sensitive delivery dates for our customers, this can create a recipe for disappointment.
This holiday period, for your peace of mind, we suggest the following advice for online shopping:
- Plan on orders taking two full weeks to arrive at your door. We will typically ship within a few business days, and the postal service will do their best to deliver within three days nationwide, but by preparing for the worst we can hope for the best.
- Let us know if your orders are time-sensitive before ordering. We will give you a sense of what’s possible and do our best to prioritize shipping accordingly.
- Complete all your holiday shopping early this year! By ordering early, you’ll avoid anxiously fretting over something arrives in time — and please some candlemakers in the process. Even our best guarantees are not surprise-proof. Ordering early is your best chance to receive your orders when you'd like them.
Thanks for understanding,
— The Keap Team
Further articles of note:
- The World Is Still Short of Everything. Get Used to It.
- Markets Work, but Untangling Global Supply Chains Takes Time
Candles, mid-production at our Kingston, NY studio.